"I've been a guitarist almost all of my life. As all musicians I am a mix of my influences and upbringing, so here is a recipe to understand how I am."
- Take a young man, a musician since age 9, with dedication and a deep love of guitar, from Chuck Berry to Jimi Hendrix,
- Add: 1/4 cup of British Invasion of the 60's. (Beatles, Animals, Kinks)
- 1/4 cup of American Folk Rock. (Byrds, Lovin' Spoonful, Credence C.R.)
- Get him interested in country music by turning him onto guitarists like Jerry Reed, Don Rich, Doc Watson, and Danny Gatton. Add: 1/2 cup of real country music. (Bob Wills, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, Don Williams, and Merle Haggard)
- Add: A pinch of dry hillbilly humor, irreverence and dry wit.
- Mix well until the country stays on the top, and then put him on stage in honky-tonk bars, five hours a night, five days per week, for twenty years, and hope for the best.